My husband and I really are on different sides of the fence when it comes to a lot of things. Let me indulge you:
- When it comes to music he likes the harder stuff (I.E. Metallica, Chevelle) whereas I enjoy a wide range of artists (anything from Maroon 5 to Rihanna to Michael Buble to - yes - Taylor Swift), otherwise known as stuff he can't stand. The only bands that we align on to date, are Switchfoot, Michael Jackson and Linkin Park.
- His home page is the yahoo finance page. Mine is google, so that I can quickly find whatever book it is that I'm currently obsessed with finding, or search for the latest piece of photography equipment that I'm drooling over.
- He can stay up really late; I will fall asleep. I can get up early; he will trip over the gate on the stairs or put on the wrong shoes for work.
- I love tea and the occasional coffee: he has never drank either and probably never will.
- He loves his electric guitars; I prefer my acoustic.
- He feels no inclination to photograph, well... anything really. We all know how I feel about photography by now!
- He likes to let his cereal sit for a while and get soggy. Words cannot describe how much I hate when my cereal gets too soggy. I won't even eat it.
- He loves his black leather couch. I miss the soft, fluffy couch I had to sell before moving to the U.S. (Really, I do, and I'm not ashamed to say that I miss a couch of all things! It was soft and cozy and warm!)
- I adore my cat. I can't imagine not having her around. Dom... deals with her...
- I love to read, and can plow through a pretty number of novels each year. I do believe that Dom started reading Atlas Shrugged in May or June of 2011 and he is not even half way through. Not only that, he probably hasn't opened it for four months!
- Don't even get me started on all the movies that I could never get him to see with me!
But no matter how many little or big differences between us, the bottom line is that we are both quite flexible and willing to bend over backwards to make the other person happy. And if that means that I have to stand in a wild crowd of fans at an Alterbridge concert like I did last year, well I'm a-ok with that.
What about all you readers? What are your relationships like?